This information explains how to sign your telehealth consent form for your televisit.Back to top
About Your Televisit
A televisit is when your healthcare provider uses technology to care for you without you having to travel to their office. During your televisit, you and your healthcare provider will see, hear, and talk with each other through video or telephone. Your healthcare provider will be able to check how you’re doing, diagnose any problems you have, and come up with a treatment plan for you. Your video won’t be recorded or saved. For more information about televisits, read our resources Televisits at MSK and Tips for Your Televisit.Back to top
How to Sign Your Telehealth Consent Form
Before your televisit, you will need to sign a consent form explaining what you can expect from your televisit. You will need to sign this form on your own. Your caregiver won’t be able to sign the form for you.
You can sign your consent form on your computer or smart device (smartphone or tablet) using a web browser. To sign your consent form, follow these steps:
- Log into your MyMSK account. You can do this by going to my.mskcc.org (see Figure 1).
- If you don’t have a MyMSK account, you can visit my.mskcc.org, call 646-227-2593, or call your doctor’s office for an enrollment ID. You can also watch our video How to Enroll in MyMSK: Memorial Sloan Kettering's Patient Portal.
- If your caregiver manages your MyMSK account for you, ask them for your login information or have them help you.
- On your homepage, click on “Profile” at the top right menu on your screen (see Figure 2).
- Click “Consent Forms” (see Figure 3).
- Click “Telehealth Informed Consent” and read through the consent form (see Figure 4).
- Once you’ve read the consent form, click the checkbox next to “I give consent” at the bottom of your screen (see Figure 5). This confirms that you read, understood, and agree to what is written in the form. Click “Submit.”
- You’ll see a downloadable PDF of your consent form here. You can click “Download PDF” to download your form for your records (see Figure 6).
- When you’re done, click “I Accept” (see Figure 7).
For more information about getting ready for your televisit, read these resources:
- Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using MSK Telemedicine
- Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Your Smart Device
- Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Cisco Jabber Guest on Your Personal Computer (PC)
- Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Cisco Jabber Guest on Your Apple Computer