Join this beginner-level online barre class taught by an MSK dance/movement therapist to strengthen your pelvic floor and improve your balance and flexibility. Your pelvic floor is a large group of interconnected muscles. Treatment for genitourinary cancers can cause the pelvic floor to stretch, which can lead to discomfort with sex, bladder leaks, and pain. Our Barre Basics series is a safe, evidence-informed option to strengthen these muscles before, during, and after cancer treatment.
Every week in this core exercise program, you will move your body with purpose to:
• Maintain a healthy immune system
• Engage pelvic floor muscles to tighten and rebuild strength
• Tone your arms, abs, glutes, and thighs
• Be aware of your posture and alignment
• Improve bone health
• Reduce fatigue and stress
Each class includes seated and standing work that can always be modified for your ability and fitness level. We will close with a gentle stretch and cool down using guided breathwork to relax the body and mind.
This class is open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
- Jennifer Whitley, MS, BC-DMT, LCAT, CMA; MSK dance/movement therapist
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
to Eastern Time
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022
- Tuesday, April 5, 2022
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022