At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we offer information, services, and support designed to help you as much as possible in your role as a caregiver. Many helpful resources and advice are available in our guide for caregivers. We also have a variety of programs to assist caregivers:
- Our Caregivers Clinic, housed in the Counseling Center, provides individual and group therapy to family members and friends of patients at MSK. To make an appointment, call 646-888-0200.
- Free in-person and online support groups are led by cancer-focused social workers. To learn more, call the Department of Social Work at 212-639-7020 or email [email protected].
- The Caregiver Support Program connects you with other caregivers one-on-one.
- Integrative medicine services, such as massage, acupuncture, yoga, and meditation, help you recharge. To make an appointment, call 646-888-0800.
- Chaplaincy services provide emotional and spiritual support. To speak with a chaplain, call 212-639-5982.
Returning Home from the Hospital
We are here for you even after your loved one has been discharged from MSK. If a family member or friend requires extra help at home, including home care, aftercare, equipment, or supplies, please speak with his or her nurse for more information. We will be glad to assist you.
We also have a comprehensive support program for caregivers of patients who have finished active treatment. Learn more about our Resources for Life After Cancer.