Brain Tumor Center
The Andrei Holodny Lab
Our lab utilizes functional, diffusion, and perfusion MRI to provide pre-operative planning for patients with brain tumors. The goal of our work is to identify key areas of the brain, such as areas for language, motor, sensory, and auditory function, prior to treatment so that neurosurgical interventions can accurately target the tumor and maximally preserve surrounding brain tissue. We also investigate the presence of neurovascular uncoupling and cortical plasticity upon the setting of brain tumors as well as characterize advanced imaging methods for clinical use.
Andrei Holodny, MD
Chief of the Neuroradiology Service
- The Functional MRI Laboratory provides pre-operative planning for patients with brain tumors and studies the clinical applications of advanced neuroimaging techniques for brain tumor imaging.
- Fellowship (Experimental Radiology), National Hospital at University of Oslo, 1996
- Fellowship (Neuroradiology), New York University Medical Center, 1995
- Residency (Radiology), New York University Medical Center, 1994
- Intern, New York Hospital-Cornell, 1990
- MD, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School, 1989
- BA, Columbia University, 1984
- 2002-2004: Founding Chairman, Functional MRI Task Force of the ASNR
- 2004-2006: Founding President American Society of Functional Neuroradiology (ASFNR)
- 2004-present: Editorial Board member of the American Journal of Neuroradiology (AJNR)
- 2005: Honorary Doctorate (honoris causa) from the Russian Academy of Medical Science
- 2006-2007: President of the Eastern Neuroradiological Society (ENRS)
- 2006, 2008: Stephen A. Kieffer Award of the Eastern Neuroradiological Society
- 2016: Honorary Doctorate (honoris causa) from the Russian Academy of Science
- 2016: Fellow of the American College of Radiology (FACR)
Get in Touch
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Andrei Holodny discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2020 through disclosure submission in spring 2021). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.