Human Oncology & Pathogenesis Program
The Andrew Intlekofer Lab
Andrew Intlekofer is an Assistant Member in the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program and an Attending Physician on the Lymphoma Service in the Department of Medicine. Dr. Intlekofer’s research investigates how deregulated metabolic pathways contribute to cancer development and how metabolic enzymes can be targeted for cancer treatment.
Harding JJ, Lowery MA, Shih AH, Schvartzman JM, Hou S, Famulare C, Patel M, Roshal M, Do RK, Zehir A, You D, Selcuklu SD, Viale A, Tallman MS, Hyman DM, Reznik E, Finley LWS, Papaemmanuil E, Tosolini A, Frattini MG, MacBeth KJ, Liu G, Fan B, Choe S, Wu B, Janjigian YY, Mellinghoff IK, Diaz LA, Levine RL, Abou-Alfa GK, Stein EM, Intlekofer AM. Isoform switching as a mechanism of acquired resistance to mutant isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibition. Cancer Discovery. 2018 Dec;8(12):1540-1547. doi: 10.1158/2159-8290.CD-18-0877.
Intlekofer AM, Shih AH, Wang B, Nazir A, Rustenburg AS, Albanese SK, Patel M, Famulare C, Correa FM, Takemoto N, Durani V, Liu H, Taylor J, Farnoud NR, Papaemmanuil E, Cross JR, Tallman MS, Arcila ME, Roshal M, Petsko GA, Wu B, Choe S, Konteatis ZD, Biller SA, Chodera JD, Thompson CB, Levine RL, Stein EM. Acquired resistance to IDH inhibition through trans or cis dimer-interface mutations. Nature. 2018 Jul;559(7712):125-129.
Intlekofer AM, Wang B, Liu H, Shah H, Carmona-Fontaine C, Rustenburg AS, Salah S, Gunner MR, Chodera JD, Cross JR, Thompson CB. L-2-hydroxyglutarate production arises from non-canonical enzyme function at acidic pH. Nature Chemical Biology. 2017 May;13(5):494-500. doi: 10.1038/nchembio.2307.
Andrew M. Intlekofer, MD, PhD
- Physician-scientist Andrew Intlekofer investigates why cancer cells depend on specific pathways of nutrient metabolism.
- MD, PhD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, PA.
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award (2018)
- ASCI Young Physician-Scientist Award (2018)
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award for Medical Scientists (2016)
- NCI K08 Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (2016)
- Steven Greenberg Lymphoma Research Award (MSKCC) (2016)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Special Fellow Award (2015)
- Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Young Investigator Award (2014)
- Stuart Mudd Award for Excellence and Creativity in Microbiology (UPenn) (2009)
- Saul Winegrad Award for Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation (UPenn) (2008)
- Balduin Lucke Prize for Research in Experimental Medicine and Biology (UPenn) (2006)