Memorial Hospital Research Laboratories
The Prasad Adusumilli Lab
Research led by Prasad S. Adusumilli focuses on investigation of the tumor immune microenvironment and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases. His team has championed regional immunotherapy delivery strategies, resulting in translation of mesothelin-targeted CAR T-cell immunotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma, lung, and breast cancers.
Pictured: Image from the cover of Journal of Clinical Investigation, August 2016
Cherkassky L, Morello A, Villena-Vargas J, Feng Y, Dimitrov DS, Jones DR, Sadelain M, Adusumilli PS. Human CAR T cells with cell-intrinsic PD-1 checkpoint blockade resist tumor-mediated inhibition. J Clin Invest. 2016;126(8):3130-44.
Adusumilli PS, Cherkassky L, Villena-Vargas J, Colovos C, Servais E, Plotkin J, Jones DR, Sadelain M. Regional delivery of mesothelin-targeted CAR T cell therapy generates potent and long-lasting CD4-dependent tumor immunity. Sci Transl Med. 2014;6(261):261ra151.
Prasad S. Adusumilli, MD
Deputy Chief and Attending, Thoracic Service; Vice Chair for Translational Research, Department of Surgery; Co-Director, Mesothelioma Program; Head, Solid Tumors Cell Therapy, Cellular Therapeutics Center
- Physician-scientist Prasad S. Adusumilli studies tumor immunology and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases.
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- MS, Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- BS, Biology, St. John’s University, New York City, NY
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica/New York, NY
- Biotechnology and Biotherapy, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
- MS, Cardiovascular Physiology, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
- MS, Biology Engineering, The University of Science and Technology, Algiers, Algeria
- PhD, Microbiology and Biochemical Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan, P.R. China
- PhD, Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago, Spain
- PhD, Biotechnology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- MS, Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- BS, York College, New York, NY
- PhD, Pathology and Pathophysiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- MS, Immunology, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
- MD, North China Coal Medical College, Tangshan, China
- BS, Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- PhD, Graduate Institute of Pathology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- MD, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- PharmD, Pharmaceutic Innovation and Research, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- PhD, Biology and Health, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- MS, Development and Control of Health Products, University of Nantes, Nantes, France