Full TitleA Phase 1 Study of AZD8186 in Combination with Docetaxel in Patients with PTEN Mutated or PIK3CB Mutated Advanced Solid Tumors, Potentially Amenable to Docetaxel (NCI 10131) (CIRB)
Some cancers have mutated versions of the PTEN or PIK3CB genes. AZD8186 is an investigational drug that may be active against these tumors. In this study, researchers are determining the highest dose of AZD8186 that can be given safely with docetaxel in patients with advanced cancers containing PTEN or PIK3CB mutations.
AZD8186 is taken orally (by mouth) and docetaxel is given intravenously (by vein).
To be eligible for this study, patients must meet several criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Patients must have a metastatic or inoperable cancer that continues to grow despite standard therapies or for which no standard therapy exists.
- Patients’ tumors must contain mutated PTEN or PIK3CB.
- At least 4 weeks must pass between the completion of prior therapies and entry into the study.
- Patients must be able to walk and do routine activities for more than half of their normal waking hours.
- This study is for patients age 18 and older.
For more information about this study and to inquire about eligibility, please contact Dr. Alison Schram at 646-888-5388.