Eileen M. O'Reilly, MD
Winthrop Rockefeller Endowed Chair in Medical Oncology; Co-Director, Medical Initiatives, David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research; Section Head, Hepatopancreaticobilary & Neuroendocrine Cancers
Pancreatic Cancer; Gallbladder Cancer; Bile Duct Cancer; Primary Liver Cancer; Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Cancers
New Patient Appointments
Scheduling a visit is easy. Click below or call us to get started.
Dr. O'Reilly accepts the following list of insurance providers. Select your insurance provider to see more details.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with Aetna HMO, POS, and PPO plans. Aetna does not include us in any of the plans you can purchase through the insurance exchanges or through Medicare. Please ask your insurance if you need a one-time referral. MSK has an agreement with the Aetna Transplant Program for all Aetna's commercial products.
In New York State
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (Wellpoint) of New York HMO, EPO, PPO, and POS plans, with the following exceptions:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield does not include us in any of the plans you can buy through the insurance exchanges.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering is not an in-network provider for Empire's Medicare Managed Care plan known as Mediblue).
- Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
In New Jersey
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with some Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey plans for individuals, families, and small businesses. For example, the PPO plan is in-network with our Manhattan locations.
Horizon Blue Cross HMO is only in-network with our Basking Ridge, Bergen and Monmouth locations. It does not allow access to our Manhattan facilities.
Horizon Blue Cross PPO is in network with our Basking Ridge, Bergen, Monmouth and Manhattan locations.
OMNIA Plans: Tier I EPO based plan policy is only in-network with our Basking Ridge, Bergen and Monmouth locations and does not allow access to our Manhattan sites. Tier II EPO is only in-network with our Manhattan sites if it is a blue-card plan (there would be a suitcase logo indicating PPO on the front of the card).
Other plans may only be in-network at our Basking Ridge, Bergen or Monmouth locations.
Outside New York State and New Jersey
Some, but not all, Blue Cross Blue Shield plans outside of New York and New Jersey include Memorial Sloan Kettering as an in-network provider. Contact your insurance to find out if your plan provides in-network access to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
We understand that there may be many complexities involved with insurance coverage purchased through the health exchange network of the Affordable Care Act. We’re here to help. If you have questions about how your care will be covered by an insurance provider, or need help navigating a change in coverage, please call us at 646-227-3378; if you are not a resident of New York, you can call us at 866-248-1274. Our team is here to listen to your concerns and assist you in any way we can. We want our care to be as accessible and affordable for as many people as possible.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with CIGNA's HMO, POS, and PPO plans. CIGNA does not include us in any of the plans you can buy through the insurance exchanges.
- If you are a New York State resident: Please ask your insurance if you need a one-time referral.
- If you live outside of New York State: Please ask your insurance if you have in-network access to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with EmblemHealth’s PPO, EPO, POS, HMO plans and Medicare plans. Emblem Health does not include us in any of its Select Care network plans. EmblemHealth includes GHI, HIP, Vytra, and ConnecticCare (in NYS Only). You must bring a referral from your Emblem primary care doctor to your first appointment.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with HealthFirst’s commercial products; these commercial products are not purchased on the insurance exchanges.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with HealthSmart’s Accel, HSPC, and HPO networks.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Humana.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Interlink Health Services.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Lifetrac.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider for all MagnaCare health plans except those products you can buy through the insurance exchanges.
In New York: Memorial Sloan Kettering’s New York locations are in-network with the Emblem
In New Jersey: Memorial Sloan Kettering’s New Jersey locations in Basking Ridge, Bergen and Monmouth are in-network with the Horizon Medicare Advantage Plan. This plan is not accepted for care provided at MSK’s New York locations.
If you are enrolled in any other Medicare Advantage plan, please contact your insurance carrier to determine your benefits and coverage at Memorial Sloan Kettering since your access may be limited.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with some Multiplan/Beech Street/PHCS plans. Contact your insurance carrier to find out if your plan provides in-network access to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Multiplan.
If you are covered by more than one insurance plan, you will want to determine your benefits from both plans. First, you need to determine which one is your primary insurance provider by contacting your employee benefits office or your insurance carriers. After you find out which is your primary insurance provider, you should then contact your insurance carrier to determine if you have access to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with some MVP plans. Contact your insurance carrier to find out if your plan provides in-network access to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider for New York State employees who have enrolled in UnitedHealthcare's Cancer Resource Services. If you have the Empire Plan, you should call Cancer Resources Services at 866-936-6002 to verify and enroll in this coverage.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is in-network with Oscar’s Circle Plus Network, a part of its Small Group Broad line that is offered only to select small business groups. Oscar does not include Memorial Sloan Kettering as an in-network provider for any of its individual plans. Please confirm eligibility with your insurance carrier.
We have agreements with several insurance companies that may provide additional coverage for cancer patients. These benefit programs include:
- AXA Assistance USA
- Beech Street
- Integrated Health Plans
- National Health Administrators
- National Preferred Provider Network
- UnitedHealthcare's Cancer Resource Services
- United Resource Network
- Veterans Choice Program
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with Oxford’s Freedom and Liberty plans as well as the Metro Plan (which is only offered to small business groups and no longer offered as individual plans). Please confirm with your insurance if you need a one-time referral. Note: Oxford’s Medicare Managed Care plan — Secure Horizon — does not include Memorial Sloan Kettering as an in-network provider. Oxford does not include us in any of the plans you can buy through the insurance exchanges.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with the World Trade Center Health Program.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with QualCare's PPO and HMO/POS network.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by Specialty Care Management.
Hospital and physician services may be covered by TRICARE. Please call your TRICARE plan to confirm coverage at Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is an in-network provider with UnitedHealthCare's HMO, POS, and PPO plans. Please confirm with your insurance if a one-time referral is needed.
UnitedHealthCare's Medicare Managed Care plan does not include Memorial Sloan Kettering as an in-network provider.
United does not include us in any of the plans you can buy through the insurance exchanges.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a designated Center of Excellence by UnitedHealthcare.
Contact and Location
Memorial Sloan Kettering has locations throughout New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, and Westchester. These locations offers many services, including screening, chemotherapy, and medical testing.
MD, Trinity College, Ireland
Internal Medicine - St. James's Hospital
Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology - St. Vincent's Hospital; Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - Cornell University Medical Center
Internal Medicine (Ireland)
I am a medical oncologist whose research and clinical activities focus on treating pancreatic and hepatobiliary cancers. I work very closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to determine and provide the best treatment for people with these diseases.
My research initiatives include integrating molecular and genetic-based therapies into the treatment of pancreas cancer, developing adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies, and identifying biomarkers that may be used to select therapy. I am the principal investigator of multiple phase I, II, and III pancreatic cancer clinical trials and have authored and co-authored more than 300 articles, editorials, and book chapters.
In addition to caring for patients at MSK and conducting research, I am Chair of the Human Research Protection Program, the Institutional Review and Privacy Board, and the Continuing Medical Education Committee. I also teach and mentor national and international oncology fellows, junior faculty, residents, and house staff and have received numerous teaching awards.
Outside of MSK, I collaborate with groups and experts around the world to improve outcomes for people with pancreas and hepatobiliary cancers. Nationally, I am Co-Chair of the NCI Alliance Co-Operative Group Gastrointestinal Cancers Committee and a member of the NCI Gastrointestinal Cancers Steering Committee. I also serve on the medical and scientific advisory board of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, National Comprehensive Cancer Network Pancreas panel, American Society of Clinical Oncology Guidelines Committee, and the scientific board of the National Pancreas Foundation. I received my medical degree from Trinity College at Dublin University in Ireland, where I was born.
Awards and Honors
- Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2005-2020)
Doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering work as teams, with specialists from all different areas. This allows us to consider all your needs together, and to give you the best possible care.
- Clinical Trials Investigated by Dr. O'Reilly
- A Phase I Study of AB680 in Combination with AB122 Immunotherapy, Nab-Paclitaxel, and Gemcitabine in People with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I Study of MVT-1075 Radioimmunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I Study of MVT-5873 Alone or with Chemotherapy in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer and Other CA19-9 Positive Tumors
- A Phase IA Study of ELI-002 Immunotherapy to Treat RAS-Mutated Pancreatic Cancer and Other Solid Tumors
- A Phase IB/II Study Assessing Multiple Immunotherapy Treatments in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Radiation Therapy plus Durvalumab for People with Pancreatic Cancer
- Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Dr. O'Reilly
- A Phase I Study of HPN536 in Patients with Advanced Cancers, including Mesothelioma, Pancreatic Cancer, and Ovarian Cancer, that Continue to Grow Despite Standard Therapy
- A Phase I Study of Personalized Tumor Vaccines and Atezolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Operable Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of BA3011 in Patients with Advanced Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of GB1275 Immunotherapy Alone, with Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy, or with Nab-paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Patients with Advanced Digestive Cancers
- A Phase IB Study of Armed, Activated T Cells in Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase IB/II Study of BMS813160 Immunotherapy plus Chemotherapy or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer or Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study Assessing High-Dose Radiation Therapy plus Chemotherapy to Improve the Likelihood of Surgery for Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Gemcitabine and Nab-Paclitaxel Compared with 5-Fluorouracil, Leucovorin, and Liposomal Irinotecan in Older Patients with Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Olaparib in Patients with Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy and OLApaRib (POLAR) Maintenance Therapy for Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of siG12D LODER plus Chemotherapy for Previously Untreated Inoperable Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Zolbetuximab plus Nab-paclitaxel and Gemcitabine to Treat Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II/III Study Comparing Different Therapies for Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Chemotherapy After Surgery versus Chemotherapy Before and After Surgery for Operable Pancreatic Cancer
Memorial Sloan Kettering's doctors and scientists are constantly developing new treatments for cancer. MSK is typically running hundreds of clinical trials at a given time.
You may be able to participate in a clinical trial even if you are new to MSK. Search our online directory to find trial information and see more about who can participate.
Research and Publications
Visit PubMed for a full listing of Dr. O'Reilly’s journal articles. Pubmed is an online index of research papers and other articles from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Eileen M. O'Reilly discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
Molecular Templates, Inc.
Provision of Services
Physicians' Education Resource
Provision of Services
PlatformQ Health Education
Provision of Services
Provision of Services
Research to Practice
Provision of Services
Swedish Orphan Biovitrum
Provision of Services
Provision of Services
If you’re a patient at MSK and would like more information about your doctor’s external relationships, please talk with your doctor.
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2019 through disclosure submission in spring 2020). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.