Our disease management team offers expert and compassionate care to everyone who comes to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for lung cancer treatment. Your care team will include doctors, nurses, and other experts in cancer that starts in the chest.
Specialists from all areas of lung cancer care will create a treatment plan especially for you. Working together, they will choose a combination of therapies to give you the best treatment result possible. Your care team will include experts in:
How We Care for You
- If you need surgery, you will benefit from the very experienced MSK surgery team, which performs more than 1,200 operations for lung cancer each year. They use minimally invasive approaches for more than 90% of surgeries for early-stage disease.
- If you need chemotherapy, you will have access to new chemotherapy drugs through our research studies, or clinical trials.
- If you need radiation, your tumor will get powerful doses of radiation therapy. We use the most precise methods available.
- If you need immunotherapy, you will receive drugs that MSK played a leading role in testing and also have access to new drugs through clinical trials.
- If you need interventional radiology, you will receive treatment with very precise, minimally invasive methods to control cancer or relieve pain and discomfort.
- We personalize your treatment using genetic information about your tumor.
- Our rehabilitation experts help you manage the side effects of lung cancer and its treatments.
MSK has research studies, also called clinical trials, about all aspects of care. This is how we know about the latest scientific discoveries and medical advances. We are always testing new ways to fight lung cancer. MSK patients have access to our clinical trials of new treatment options that are not available at most other hospitals.
Research has shown that people treated for lung cancer at an NCI-designated cancer center like MSK have better survival rates compared with national benchmarks for all stages of the cancer.