Sloan Kettering Institute scientists have been recognized by national and international organizations for their innovative research in science and medicine. Listed below are some of the prestigious honors and awards our scientists have received.
- SKI computational biologist Dana Pe’er has been named a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator.
- Lydia Finley and Andrea Schietinger are winners of the 2020 Pershing Square Sohn Prize.
- Scott Keeney, a Member of the Molecular Biology Program and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, and Chris Lima, Chair of the Structural Biology Program and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, were recently elected to the prestigious National Academy of Sciences.
- Immunologist Alexander Rudensky, Chair of the Immunology Program at SKI, is the 2020 recipient of the AAI-Thermo Fisher Meritorious Career Award. Dr. Rudensky received the award for his outstanding research and contributions to the field of immunology.
- Immunologist Michel Sadelain, Director of the Center for Cell Engineering at MSK, received the 2019 Inserm International Prize. Dr. Sadelain received the award for his research on chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) and their use in providing tailored cancer treatment to patients.
- Scott Lowe, Chair of the Cancer Biology and Genetics Program at SKI, has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine (NAM).
Awards in alphabetical order