I am a postdoctoral researcher with interest in understanding and improving immune reconstitution after insults such as chemotherapy, irradiation and allogeneic stem cell transplantation. I study the influence of human gut microbiome on the reconstitution of specific immune cell subsets, in particular the unconventional T cells and focus on their deeper characterization using multicolor flow cytometry and single cell sequencing. I also work on developing strategies to improve immune reconstitution and anti-tumor effects by using genetically modified T cell precursors.
- ASH Abstract Achievement Award (2021)
- ASH Oral Abstract, “MAIT and Vδ2 Unconventional T Cells Predict Favorable Outcome after Allogeneic HCT and Are Supported By a Diverse Intestinal Microbiome” (2021)
- ASTCT New Investigator Award (2021)
- DFG Fellowship (2018-2021)
- Internal medicine + Hematology/Oncology Fellowship, University Hospital Freiburg, Germany
- Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, MD